Saturday, December 17, 2011

Quick Update

Well here I am less than 2 days from delivery and trying to get things together and organized.

Here is a little recap of out past week:

Monday was haircuts for the boys and Cody and the Tiger cubs caroling at the nursing home. The thought was great, but the implementation of having 10 boys caroling up a down a hallway signing Christmas songs the correct way lacked some planning. Most of the residents were already in bed, so only 3 were out in the hallway to actually see them. The boys were also a little amped up, so trying to keep them together and singing was fun.

Tuesday I had a work Christmas party with all the girls. One of the ladies graciously hosted the party and made some awesome soup. They also had wine and Disarrona, but I enjoyed my water just fine. We had a rousing game of Dirty Santa and discussed our favorite Christmas memories. It was a great time for us all to relax and enjoy the company. I then picked up the boys from my inlaws and headed home.

Wednesday was an evening relaxing at home with laudry to do and prep for my busy Thursday.

Thursday started with Kyle's Christmas program, which was cute. Unfortunately where Kyle stood was right in the middle at the bottom, which is where the music stand and the music teacher stood. Needless to say the photo op wasn't so good. I had to pass up a lunch invite from my mom and sister because I had to get back for a board meeting at work. After the board meeting I had to get some things together and start tying up lose ends because Friday was my last day. I then went to my baby doctor appointment that afternoon. No changes there, the heart rate was 144, i lost 3 lbs, and my blood pressure was good. Everything is set for an 8:00 am c-section on Monday. I then went to get a few more Christmas presents taken care and then to my inlaws for homework with Cody, dinner and getting the boys ready for Cody's program. It was then off to the Christmas Program, which was great. They had some really great children soloists that sang, including the pricipal that used to sing the Notre Dame choir. I talked to him after the program and he said that he was so nervous and didn't want to mess up the kids. I find that humbling that he was nervous because of all the places he has sung at in the past and he cantors at most of the masses. We made it home in time for bedtime, which we were all pretty beat.

Friday went so very fast. I was trying to get piles of work and information distributed to the necessary parties as it was my last day until the first of February. We also had our Christmas potluck, that had great food and and opportunity for all the staff to get together. After the potluck it was back to delegating duties and cleaning off my desk. At 4:30 I realized that I needed to make it to the cleaners to pickup Scotty's suit coat for this evenings party. I made a quick trip to the bank and then to the mall to finish what I could of my Christmas shopping. I found that I was not really in the condition to walk the mall, but I powered through and finished Scotty, Gina and my mother in laws' shopping completed. YAY ME!! I even was able to get Scotty's gift wrapped by some nice kids from Waukomis Christmas church so that I don't have to find a place to hide it. The only shopping left is my dad, my father in law and a few more things for the boys and stocking stuffers, which Scotty is in charge of. I went got the kiddos from my inlaws, drive thru washed the red mud off my car, picked up Mickey D's for supper and got gas, then it was homeward bound. I had plans of starting dishes and laundry, but was too exhausted to plug on.

Today is laudry, packing and getting ready for Scotty's work Christmas party. Tomorrow is the Moody family Christmas and last minute prep for Monday.

Hope everyone is staying calm and in the Christmas spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment