Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday Slowdown

So it has been a few days since I last blogged so here are some of the happenings at the Moody's.

Let"s start with last weekend. Friday night I actually made kolaches from start to finish all by myself! I did have guidance from my mom and my sisters helped out alot to, but I had my hand in every part of the process and am proud of myself for making this accomplishment. It really is not that bad, the worst part is waiting for the dough to rise, but when you are with family it gives you time to sit down, put your feet up and catch up on the goings on in everyone's life.

Saturday brought with it Kyle waking up with a fever and a headache. Luckily it only lasted about 24 hours, but him and I stayed home while Scotty and Cody went to the November birthday party and went shopping for parts for the pickup repairs. Let me take a moment to explain the November birthday party. The birthday week begins with my father-in-laws on the 5th, then Scotty and his twin sisters on the 10th, the 11th is my inlaws anniversary (44th), then my other sister-in-laws on the 12th. They started having them together to make it easier on everyone!

Sunday was pretty uneventful. I did make some pigs in the blankets and some more kolaches with my mom and sisters.

I don't remember much of anything to important that happened on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday.

Thursday was Scotty's birthday so we went out for an early dinner at Rib Crib because he had some medical training for the fire department. When he came home we had some birthday coconut cream pie and then bedtime for all.

Friday I was off of work for Veteran's Day, so I had planned to help with the preparations for the Taste of St. Joes and childrens auction. My day did not goes as planned, as I had to take Scotty's pickup in to have the distributor timed. I took it in at 8:15 and it ended up not being done until 4:00. I did get to spend the day with my inlaws and had lunch at Applebees were my father-in-law got a free meal for being a veteran. Friday evening was the children's auction. Let me start by explaining that the children are not actually auctioned off, but it is more of a carnival for the students. They have various baskets of kid stuff like legos, art projects, principal for the day, etc. and the kids put tickets into boxes to be drawn out for a winner. They also have pizza and cookies and some games for the kids to play while they wait for the drawing. Cody actually won this year, which is his first time on 3 years. He gets to ride to school in an Enid firetruck and is super excited. Kyle was disappointed because he did not win, but he did get a consolation balloon.

Yesterday I was able to get a pedicure from Gina (Thank You!) since I am not able to bend as easily to do my own. Gina, my mom and I discussed our wardrobe for the Taste and got everyone accessorized. It is fun to be able to get a gussied up and go out for an evening with great food, friends and family. This is the first year that I have not been real active in the preparations and I must say it was very enjoyable. Amanda watched Cody, Kyle, Wyatt and Andrew. Thanks Amanda! My mom, dad, Gina, Jeremy, Scotty and I all rode together and had a very enjoyable time.

Today we slept in and this aftternoon we the took Kyle to a birthday party for one of his classmates at Cherry Berry, which was a first time for all of us and it was very yummy.

Hope everyone has great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment