Tuesday, April 3, 2012

10 on Tuesday

Hello again to my faithful readers! Here are a few things that have been happening in my life:


  1. We have a new pet. Her name is Black Betty and she is a bottle calf. The new wore off for the boys about 2 or 3 weeks into having her and are now keeping accurate track of who's turn it is to feed her.
  2. We purchased a new king size bed! I am not sure how we both fit on the queen sized one, as now we both sprall across the king. My wonderfully handy husband built our headboard  and it is beautiful. He still has to make the footboard, but some other projects have taken precedence.
  3. The number of months old my baby boy is. He is growing by leaps and bounds and is starting to show his personality. For the most part he is a really happy, easy going baby, that only really fusses when he is hungry or need a diaper. He does like to fight taking naps as he thinks he may miss something, but sleeps well through the night. He will normally go to sleep around 9:00 and will sleep until 6:00-7:15.
  4. Project Separate has begun and is 2/3 of the way complete. We have been discussing since I was pregnant with Cole which room was going to be his room. It was later decided that since we have a four bedroom house, why not let them each have their own room (what a novel idea!). With the purchase of our new bed, the old one was handed down to Cody, which involved cleaning out the "spare" bedroom (see also: junk room/storage/catch all). It took most of a day to go through things and throw out, organize and store our acquisitions over the past few years, but was complete and the bed was setup by the end of the day. The next day we mostly transformed the "toy" bedroom into Kyle's bedroom. He was suprised to get his own room so soon and was even happier to have his dad's bed that he had when he was little. Cole's room that was Cody & Kyle's is in complete upheaval with the baby bed in pieces and misc clothes scattered hither and yon thorughout. Luckily he still fits in his cradle in our room, so we have time to get things put together.
  5. With Project Separate, I have found that the kiddos are easy to wake up, because they are not keeping each other awake and also they have a better since of pride in keeping their rooms picked up. A win for everyone, especially mom!
  6. Over spring break we had pictures taken of the 5 grandsons for my mom. Let's just say that photographers are wonderful and 1 hour with 5 boys seems like 3 hours. I am not sure how we came up with so many great poses, because I was sitting behind the camera and it looked like chaos.  
  7. This is the number of days until my birthday!
  8. Also, on spring break Scotty, my mom and I took the 5 boys to the zoo. It was a beautiful day for the zoo as it was not very windy, sunny, and not real hot, but everyone in the state also thought it was a great idea. We got there a little after 10:00 and had to hike from the Remington Park parking to the zoo. We all had a great time and the kiddos were real troopers about walking around and looking without whining. I was constantly doing a head count to make sure "no man was left behind." I think the most liked site was watching the baby chimp that had it's arm amputated climb all over. 
  9. I am very thankful for my mom and sisters. I was pleasantly suprised when we came home late Saturday night from working on my inlaws washing machine drainage issue, that they had done dishes, swept, straightened up the dining room and did some laundry. It was very much appreciated as we have not been home much over the past few weeks. I will definately have to return the favor. Love you guys!
  10. Have a Happy Easter!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful! Change can be a really good thing sometimes and gives everyone a fresh starting place. Sounds like you guys are having tons of fun all around.

    ReplyDelete